Wednesday, January 11, 2012

13.1 Miles

Nothing is quite like running a half marathon.. well, at least nothing that I have done.
About two months before the Snow Canyon Half I decided that this
 was something I wantedto do before I died. The training was strenuous and
demanded a tremendous amount of
dedication. Because of my type A personality, this was right up my allie.


The run was absolutely beautiful. We came through Snow Canyon Park and went
through Ivans ending at the Snow Canyon High School. More than half of it was down hill
but I never knew how hard it was to run down hill for that long. At the end of the
race I was overcome by the emotion of accomplishment.
Everyone is there to support you and to cheer you on as you run the last 400
 meters of the race. It made me think
of all those people in heaven watching us run this marathon called "life". How they are there to give us the support that we so badly need in this life
 that is full of hardship and trials,
that at times, make us feel like we can't go any further.



One of my biggest fears was coming in last. THANKFULLY there were plenty of people
that ran a lot slower than me. (Hopefully that didn't sound mean to most of you)
I finished with a time of 1:51:45. In my age group (20-24) I placed 20th out of 89.
Overall in the women's group I placed 248th out of 800, and Overall i placed 534th out
of 1405 people. I was very proud of myself. My goal was to get 2 hours and because
of my competitive side I beat my goal by 9 minutes!  

1 comment:

  1. That is SOOOO awesome Chelsea!! You did so great! We'll have to run one together in the future!!

    ReplyDelete