Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Our Favorite Day of the Week....TUESDAY!



Tyler and I were called, by our bishop, to be LDS Representatives for the
 PrimaryChildren's Medical Center. We couldn't ask for a better calling.

Every Tuesday we get to go to the hospital and visit with all the new
LDS patients and their families. If you thought the Notebook was a tear jerker,
times it by a million and you'll get the feeling we get each time we see
these beautiful children. If you know me very well I cry about basically everything.
However, with this calling I have to really work on holding back the tears. These
patients and families really rely on you to be strong.

We have only been two times, but by far this week has been my favorite.
I have never met so many strong spirited people in my life. Nancy adopted her
grandson when he was just a few months old. Due to his poor living conditions
 Kaden has had horrible health since he was a baby.On August 13, his birthday, he was admitted to the hospital because his brain was having a continuous
string of seizures. When we went in today,
he hadn't slept for four days...Nancy asked Ty and Dallin to give him a
blessing, which they did. Anyways, I want to focus more on Nancy. She did not
want us to feel bad for her or Kaden. What she said to me was, "Heavenly
Father sees him as perfect, and that is what he is... Perfect."
All she had was positive things to say. I admire Nancy... She has such a
strong foundation. It made me think of the times when I thought my world
was just "too stressful". I guess It has been nothing compared to Kaden or
Nancy's trials. Altogether I feel spiritually fed just being around Nancy.
She is definitely a light in the dark world.


2 comments:

  1. That is the best calling! You get to bless so many lives. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy moly! you are sooo lucky! i would ball my eyes out but you couldn't ask to spend your tuesdays any differently! you'll be so blessed to be able to look at your life and really not take it for granted! keep sharin' the stories - i love it! :)

    ReplyDelete